After seeing my friend's blog, I decided it would be nice to share our lives in Austria with family and friends. Whether or not I have the motivation to do this is another question.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring - come already!

Well it is still -10c and the car is still frozen every morning . Spring needs to hurry up and get to Austria. I am hoping when we get back from the UK, Austria will be warm and sunny.

This week has been quite hectic, with putting up exhibitions at work, attended 3 days of Nuclear technolgy seminars (and trying not to fall asleep), being airport driver to Ian and finally taking down the exhibition in heels on a ladder (only to find out the building services man was waiting for his ladder and just watched as I struggled up and down the ladder 8 times - what a gentleman). As you can see from the photo, we spent 3000 Euros on 8 panels to fit inbetween windows. Unfortunately not my design as my PC couldn't handle Indesign with such a big file, but at least it was my idea for the design.

Ian had a successful day in Slovenia training 'Amgeners', who all loved him and gave him presents for being so amazing. He returned home on Wednesday night with the excitement of a meeting with his boss on Thursday to discuss his annual payrise and bonus. He had performed above and beyond his role and was given a 3% payrise and 14% annual bonus. The norm is 10% for employees, but as Ian has only worked for Amgen for 6 months he was expecting less. Well done super training manager, but as I always say to Ian, he always does super good at anything he tries.


The 3 days of seminrs I attended were very interesting and I learnt about what the IAEA does in other departments and what technology is used. They talked about safeguards and how they keep track of the world's nuclear sites - interesting to find out that they only use commercial satalite imagery and pay a fortune for them, to keep track of things.....no 'big brother' through Government's satalites. I also learnt about nuclear energy, eradicating Tsetse fly and rinderpest. So luckily for the IAEA, I am all for 'nuclear'. Plus I decided I want a job in our safeguards Department analysing all their data.


Confession time, I had a weightwatchers blip while Ian was in Slovenia - 4 jaffa cakes and a flake! I went over my points, but then you are allowed an extra 49 per week for treats. needless to say I only lost 1lb this week.


Cats are all fine and dandy....Neo has a new sleeping place. For the first time ever he has decided he would like to sleep on my pillow during the night and jumps up and makes himself comfy above my head. I usually wake up without a pillow and a snoring Neo above me. I am blaming the new pillows I ordered through Amazon, as they are so comfy. Although today I was no so happy when I awoke with a painful neck!
Later on Saturday morning, Tank was a little jealous of Neo's comfy bed and joined him.

Later the cats decided they suddenly loved one side of the sofa and decided to all contregate on it for a nap.
Saturday afternoon, I decided to paint the hallway, over Ian's expert plastering job. It kinda looks a bit like clay/poo/wet plaster colour....not sure yet. Ian became a lumberjack and bought a
axe and proceeded to chop down any out of control small trees in our roof garden. We just bought 100m2 of garden weed cloth cover from ebay and will cover the whole thing before anything grows, so it will hopefully not put people off buying the house with an overgrown garden.

Sunday we went back up to the garden and laid black weed cover, but ran out, so still more to do. I did a second coat of painting, and now have the task of cleaning, washing, ironing and preparing for our week's holiday, which I am very excited about....
Update, washing check, tidying check, cleaning and ironing ooopsss not checked!
Have a fun week!









1 comment:

  1. Suuuuuuuch a cute photograph of the kits! the posters are interesting too - amazing how much 8 panels can cost.

    ReplyDelete