After seeing my friend's blog, I decided it would be nice to share our lives in Austria with family and friends. Whether or not I have the motivation to do this is another question.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Scared cats, shopping and Scrimgeour.

Well, Tank is back home from the vets, after they could not find anything wrong with him. He came home slightly affected by the anaesthetic, and would not sit and rest. So he spent around 4 hours trying his best to walk around the whole house screaming and then falling over. He shuck his head and then would fall over on his side. Anyway I decided to go to bed and he slept with me all night. One problem, Morph doesn't take kindly to a cat visiting the vet, and spent two days hiding and hissing at Tank. He's the biggest guy, but the biggest baby. He has eventually calmed down, but everyday when we come home, he is shaking and hiding. I think maybe someone is bullying him, as he a cut on his ear and nose.
Friday evening we went to the large Eurospar supermarket (ok, for the English people, large is not a ASDA or Tescos, but more like 1/4 the size). We spent 45 minutes wandering around with our iphones checking how many weightwatchers points the food was. Also managed to bag a few bargains in their sale - Lego star wars space ship and playmobil boy on a bike for Sam.
Saturday we took a trip to Vienna to do essential shopping:
New scales to measure our weight loss (so far 6lbs in 2 weeks),
Double-side tape, elastic bands, car fuses - the essentials for helicopter maintenance.
2 pairs of shoes (bargain prices!). I had to include a photo, so my sis can see my purchase.
We also found a new car garage, luckily 500m from my workplace. So we shall see how much money are little baby will cost us this time!
We got home, and Ian had a little helicopter flight around the house.



The cats saw the opportunity of an empty shoe box. Tank could just manage to fit in the box, but poor fat Neo could only manage to sit on the lid.




Sunday, as we were up late watching 'the resident' the night before, we slept until 11.00am. Although it was like the twilight zone, as Ian woke before me (2 days in a row)!
We did a clean of the house, washing etc and then went to Brigitte's house for cake and coffee (our Retz friend). Brigitte and her family make us feel very welcome and we sit around the kitchen table with the whole family, and they excuse our bad german and speak English with us. Brigitte takes English classes in Retz (although she doesn't need them), and they have a Scottish lady teaching them (she has lived in Austria 26 years). The teacher brought some of here old school ties in to show the class, and Brigitte mentioned to her that my maiden name is Scrimgeour. Funny thing was, one of the school ties was the Scrimgeour tartan and the teachers mother was a Scrimgeour too. Small world we live in. I am now in contact through facebook with her, and will hopefully meet up with her soon.
Anyway this week, Ian is going to Slovenia for 2 days training and I shall be doing the opposite by being trained in a 3 day seminar on nuclear technology. It is always best to understand it, when you are communicating and promoting it!
So a busy week ahead....gotta go now as my weightwatchers dinner is ready.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, nuclear technology...fuuuun!!!

    And I want your boot shoes in a bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the boots too! I like the heel on the shoes though, I suspect you might have an emptier shoe rack after any visit from me.

    Can you write about the nuclear tech lectures and what they're like? it sounds interesting, and I wonder how they'll teach normal people about it!

    ReplyDelete