After seeing my friend's blog, I decided it would be nice to share our lives in Austria with family and friends. Whether or not I have the motivation to do this is another question.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Neo is a conehead!

Well August also started as a tired and lazy month; although we have been doing jobs on the house…..Ian tried his hand at plastering outside – which worked out wonderfully. We therefore need to paint the front of the house. We are hoping to paint only the bottom ½ of the house, so there is no need for scaffolding.


Neo went back to vets for another check-up, and unfortunately the herpes on his eye has not cleared up, so back to the vets for another operation. This time some of his cornea was removed and then his inner eye lid was sewn shut so it could heal…urghhhh. He also has to wear a cone round his neck to stop him attempting to scratch his eye for 2 weeks…..poor guy doesn’t like his cone head! He tends to just sleep, and moan! I swear he even plays dead...I woke in the night and thought he was dead. I prodded him, lifted him, tickled him and no responce...panic was setting in...I starred into his eyes and they were open (well one of them) looking at me..still no responce. Finally his tail moved slightly...OMG. Anyway he was alive when I awoke in the morning.
So after a weekend mainly spent asleep (we even didn’t get out of bed on Saturday), we are going to try and get our energy back and sell the house, book various appointments, ring our family and stop being lazy….I’m still going to test the house for carbon monoxide poisoning…..Trying to think of an excuse for our extreme laziness!

I end with a photo of a local co-op in the Czech Republic....not quite the same as the UK!



2 comments:

  1. Poor Neo, he looks so annoyed with you! When we get our kits in December (being very patient) I hope they dont play dead with us - that sounds horrid!

    Did you get the house check for CM?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitties.....yeah! Exciting.
    Do I haven't tested it yet, maybe it is the heat (was 37c this week).

    ReplyDelete