After seeing my friend's blog, I decided it would be nice to share our lives in Austria with family and friends. Whether or not I have the motivation to do this is another question.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

July went so fast

Apologies for not blogging last month. July seems to have passed in a blur. Ian and I have been super busy at work, and we have tended to sleep a lot…not sure if it is the weather or lack of it. Most of July turned out to be like the UK….raining and cold, well I mean 18-22c (which is cold for Austria). We did manage to have the odd BBQ. The first with Mollie, Andraz and Vinnie. Vinnie was introduced to our cats, and he couldn’t stop giggling and grabbing their fur…..obviously the cats then realised it was best to hide.

The second was with Brigitte, Gunther and Denise (our adoptive Austrian family). Let’s just say the jumpers came out as we sat outside eating sausages. We also managed to squeeze one in another weekend.
As I mentioned work has been crazy, and unfortunately we do not have a proper holiday until October, where we have taken 2 weeks off (some of this will be visiting the UK and the rest relaxing). For the first time in history I have managed to build up 18 hours in overtime in July, so finished early last week to visit Mollie at home, where we had a quick chat and a quick fix of playing with cute Vinnie.

I nearly forgot, a little bit of news - Ian received an award from work, for being fabulous (although I am not sure that was the exact term used). He received a pat on the back and a voucher to spend (or forhis wife to spend).
Oh yeah...forgot to mention, we finished the patio...


1 comment: