After seeing my friend's blog, I decided it would be nice to share our lives in Austria with family and friends. Whether or not I have the motivation to do this is another question.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Off the vets...again

Well, Neo went back to the vets on Tuesday and visited the dentist, had a heart scan and more blood tests...another 300 Euros. We picked him up to find they couldn't find anything wrong with his teeth, but has a slight heart murmur and needs to have pills for the next 6 months.
A slightly groggy cat slept with us all night!

Work was slow this week, as everyone was in holiday mode - so I took it easy, finished lots of jobs I should have done ages ago, had some furniture delivered and cleared my office out and filed.
Friday was the start of holidays, unfortunately Ian didn't have Friday off, as he is not protestant! He worked from home, so we could take Morpheus to the vets to check his heart. I wish I had my phone with me to video the 30 minutes of crying all the way to vets.....and with a small bonus of peeing in his cage, which left me slightly embarrassed about the stink coming from him while waiting in the vets. Anyway his heart is fine, but they want Neo back next Tuesday as he finds it slightly hard to eat (although the dribbling is subsiding) and his inner eye lid is sometimes half closed. Mystery.
He has antibiotics now. I think he has learnt that the pills aren't treats, so I now just pop it in his mouth and he just swallows it.
We came back to find Tara trying to commit suicide by suffocation in a plastic bag. Maybe she thought she was next to go to the vets.

Today (Saturday), Ian played Xbox, while I researched another side of the family tree and talked to Sam and Georgie on skype - although Georgie was only interested in the cats and not me. We then went into town to have ice cream with Brigitte and Gunther. Although we did manage to have a quick glass of wine as well (and buy 2 bottles for me - 4 euros each - bargain).
We walked home the 'nice' way in the lovely 25c heat.

A nice start to the Easter holidays. Next week is supposed to be DIY on the house, visiting Mollie and Vinnie, haircut and highlights, vets (again), and a trip to the garage. I am guessing a fun but expensive week at home!
Have a nice Easter :-)

2 comments:

  1. have you both taken the 3 days off, or do you somehow get it off anyway?
    Poor Neo -and your bank balance. Would the trips be covered by insurance? Clever Cheetarah playing with the plastic bag, I can imagine her sticking two paws up at the "danger this may suffocate" sign

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get Good Friday and Monday, Ian only gets Monday.
    But I decided to take some more days off, so get the whole week off work, yippeee

    ReplyDelete